Thursday, September 1, 2011

Never mind my previous comment regarding the cooler weather...it's back in the 90s again. Yuck.Oh well, summer is quickly coming to a close, and we'll soon be longing for it's return.

This coming break in October, I think I'm taking the family down to Florida for a week. I've been looking at vacation rentals in a few different areas. Saint Augustine (of coarse), Key West, and a little island just outside of Tampa/St.Pete called Anna Maria. I would like to go home (St. Aug) and hang out at my favorite spots, and share them with the fam. My mom and step-dad live there, but they will be in Europe during that time so that doesn't help the decision. i kind of wanted to look into the area, including Jacksonville and Amilia Island just north, for a possible location for our practice. But there's time for that still. Key West is always a blast, but they're having their big festival, Mardi Gras style, with the "adult" atmosphere... not the best time to bring the kids there! They try to appeal to families by having a "family day" but they're not fooling me. I (vaguely) remember a few public spectacles from my younger years there, that would now just lead to embarrassment/ awkward conversations with the kids! I think I'll pass. We're leaning towards Anna Maria. It's a quaint family friendly beach town on a barrier island. Gulf side means sunsets on the beach, a big plus. Calmer gulf-side waves will be better with Laney. Also the temp will still be appropriate for beach activities. It gets a bit cooler in St. Aug by then, and the Atlantic is colder year-round anyway, compared to the gulf. There's also some museums that we'd like to see. I love the Salvadore Dali Museum in St. Pete, and Kristi really wants to see it too. We'd also like to take the kids to the big aquarium there. Laney will LOVE it! Perhaps Busch Gardens; their African animal exhibits are great... And we could drive down to Naples/Marco Island for a day; we've been considering it as a location too. We'll see, once we're on the beach we may just want to chill out!

I know I'll be in the mood to relax after this tri is over. It's been crazy! And boards are quickly approaching, just two weeks away! Yikes! Just had three midterm exams today. a very busy day. They all went well though.

Time to go get my pumpkin (Laney).

No comments:

Post a Comment