Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Well a few weeks into the clinic experience and I'm happy to report that I have two new patients, and have been able to perform physicals, report of findings and deliver adjustments, and perform physical therapy. It's so exciting to be putting into action the things I've been learning these past years! Life is rather hectic right now, juggling clinic with my class load and home life. But it's all fitting together rather nicely.

It's been unusually hot this summer here, which has me second guessing moving south to practice after graduation! I think I was getting used to the mild summers (compared to Florida). It's been over 100 nearly every day for the last three weeks it seems! Lately I've been researching British Columbia, Canada, as a possible location for us. We have friends practicing up there, and the winters are actually milder than ours where they live! Summers don't get anywhere near as hot either. That's looking really enticing, I have to say! Last week the central air went out in my house. We were miserable for four days, waiting for attempted repairs, and finally a complete replacement. Ouch. Cost a fortune. (Well, a fortune for a student anyway, $2600!!!) Sure feels nice to have air again though!

The temp actually finally dropped today, it's only in the 80s. Feels cool by comparison! Homecoming at Palmer this weekend, so it's a short week. No classes thurs or friday. We were planning on attending, especially since a friend of ours will be presenting a seminar. We decided that since we didn't get a family vacation this summer, we really needed to get away for a few days. We decided to go up to Washington Island, on the tip of Door county Wisconsin, in lake Michigan, to visit my Mom and Step-Dad. It's been unusually hot up there too, but the forecast is looking nice. It's a 7 hour drive, plus a 45 minute ferry ride to the island, but it will be worth it to unwind for a few days and enjoy my Mom's awesome cooking! Laney and dartagnan love swimming in the lake too, so everyone should enjoy the time up there.

Well, gotta run, I have an appointment coming into the clinic. Yea!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment